Lately I have a crush on everything shiny. Really, its a big crush and I don’t know how it hit me. Anyway these are some really pretty and really shiny clothes/shoes/bags etc that you can lust over if you too have a shiny crush.
1. Hervé Léger Metallic bandage dress: Its Hervé, enough said (plus it sparkles, yay!). Get it here for $1,450.
2. Marc by Marc Jacobs gold cross-body clutch: Take off the body strap and its a clutch, put it on and you’ve got two bags in one! Joy. On My-Wardrobe for £230.
Just so you don’t have any doubts about how big my crush is, the other day I was at Selfridges and tried on three pairs of gold shoes. Not one, not two, but three. Needless to say I loved them all, especially the flats.
3. Lanvin metallic leather ballerina flats: The classic Lanvin flat in the perfect colour, can be worn all day long. I don’t think I have to talk about how comfortable they are, almost better than furry slippers. Too bad they didn’t have my size. On Net-a-porter for $495, in-store at Selfridges or Harrods for £310.
4. Lanvin Metallic leather sneakers: They looked super cute but when I put them on they were not comfy at all. Also I would like them to have a pink ribbon for the laces instead of the brownish one. On Net-a-porter for $565.
5. YSL Tribtoo leather pumps: Oh these I loved. Super-high, but really steady when you walked and comfortable as well. The texture of their colour is pretty awesome too. On Net-a-porter for $795.
6. Miu Miu glitter and suede peep-toe ankle boots: This post wouldn’t be complete without a little Miu Miu glitter. Net-a-porter for $890.
7. Miu Miu glitter and suede Lace-up sneakers: Or maybe a lot of Miu Miu glitter. In any case these sneakers are perfection. Online at Barneys for $450.
8. All Saints Aztec skirt: I had a huge crush on this skirt since it came out on June. Comes in a dress as well. They have a “snake-print” version for this season. Get the Aztec skirt from the All Saints Archive (if you’re lucky enough to find it in your size) for £115.5.
9. Zara silver Sweater: This is really nice, it looks so much better in-store than online. The silver one is out of stock but check it out here, for £50.
10. Zara gold pants: I am not really sure I like these but if you really want a pair of gold pants, this could work. Besides, as The Cut said about Kanye West’s shimmer pants (see his ‘DW Kanye West’ collection for 2012 here) ”No one can wear metallic pants and look good. Maybe Karlie Kloss and Anja Rubik can. So: no one.” If you like them check them out here, for £30.
11. LK Bennett silver court shoes: These are really pretty, but I preferred the version with the higher heel and the front platform (yes I did try them both on). They look like these but in silver—pure perfection, for £175.
12. Toms black glitter: Do I have to say anything more? If you love Toms shoes and glitter I’m sure you’ll love these as well. Online for $54.
13. Balenciaga silver First: I love this colour! It sparkles but in a subtle way, which make it perfect for everyday use. Online for £845.
I just want to say that I have noticed that all these things are very “hot” or whatever you want to call them at the moment, but this is not the reason I like them! The past year, especially the past 3 months I have developed a genuine love for (almost) anything sparkly. So enjoy all the sparkle!